Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lose Faith

Lose faith in government
- the elite aristocracy despise the people.
Lose faith in corporations,
- whom greed is good.
Lose faith in advertising, marketing and sales
- what they promise won't help.
Lose faith in military machines
- they sacrifice life for profit.
Lose faith in (mass) media
- the lies they've decided to entertain you with will entrap you.
Lose faith in universals,
- no one has the perspective from which to claim them.
Lose faith in one-size-fits-all
- it won't.
Lose faith in humanity,
- it consistently chooses extinction and is choosing its own.
Lose faith in God
- He is man's puppet.
Lose faith in the/a future
- it is not set, it is not determined, it is not sure, it might not...

-- Inspired during my visit to Washington DC this past weekend.

2 comments:

  1. thats kinda depressing. can i suggest you don't go back to DC!

    -Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't intend to. Some of the ideas in the poem are things I've been realising mark a difference between me now and me and my friends at Moody. I think losing faith is in many ways a good thing. It wrote it to inspire good, as putting your faith in things that don't deserve it is an excuse for laziness and for not taking responsibility. You must lose faith before you can act, for only in losing faith do you realise the need for action.

    ReplyDelete